The Leadership Team of Barry Career Access Network developed a “Common Agenda” which communicates a shared vision for change.
Barry CAN! uses the Collective Impact Model to change communities. The Leadership Team is composed of a cross-sector group of influential leaders. Leaders include all superintendents of public schools in Barry County, postsecondary institutions, CEO/Executive Directors of major business, philanthropic, non-profit, and government organizations.
- Superintendents of: Delton-Kellogg, Hastings Area, Maple Valley, and Thornapple Kellogg Schools and Barry Intermediate School District
- Post Secondary Education: Grand Valley State University, Kellogg Community College
- Business/Industry: Barnes Wolgast Construction Services; Hastings City Bank, Hastings Manufacturing, J-Ad Graphics, Spectrum Health Pennock Hospital
- Non-Profit: Barry Chamber & Economic Development Alliance, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, West Michigan Works!, Barry County United Way, Family Support Services of Barry County, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, YMCA of Barry County.
- Government: City of Hastings, Barry County Commissioners
- Philanthropy: Barry Community Foundation, Maggie Coleman, DeCamp Foundation, Maple Valley Memorial Scholarship Fund
- BCAN Common Agenda